Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. In the mids, civil war and genocide ravaged Rwanda.
The York Research Database
Since then, the country's new leadership has undertaken a highly ambitious effort to refashion Rwanda's politics, economy, and society, and the country's accomplishments have garnered widespread praise. Remaking Rwanda is the first book to examine Rwanda's remarkable post- genocide recovery in a comprehensive and critical fashion. By paying close attention to memory politics, human rights, justice, foreign relations, land use, education, and other key social institutions and practices, this volume raises serious concerns about the depth and durability of the country's reconstruction.
Edited by Scott Straus and Lars Waldorf, Remaking Rwanda brings together experienced scholars and human rights professionals to offer a nuanced, historically informed picture of post-genocide Rwanda-one that reveals powerful continuities with the nation's past and raises profound questions about its future. Entrenamiento Total. Comments 0. Add comment Close comment form modal. I agree to the terms and conditions. You must accept the terms and conditions.
Add comment Cancel. Submit a comment.
- Search form!
- Menu corporate!
- Product details.
- Strategies in Size Exclusion Chromatography?
- Read PDF Remaking Rwanda : State Building and Human Rights after Mass Violence Online.
- Follow the Author?
Comment title. You have entered an invalid code.
Submit Cancel. Thank you for submitting a comment on this article. Your comment will be reviewed and published at the journal's discretion. Please check for further notifications by email.
- Uvin on Straus and Waldorf, 'Remaking Rwanda: State Building and Human Rights after Mass Violence';
- You are here.
- Effects of High-Power Laser Radiation.
- Computer Graphics for Artists: An Introduction.
- Identity Crisis (Silhouette Bombshell).
Sign in. You could not be signed in.
An Ansoms - Google Scholar Citations
Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account?
- A Lifetime of Communication: Transformations Through Relational Dialogues (LEAs Series on Personal Relationships).
- Remaking Rwanda: State Building and Human Rights after Mass Violence!
- Children at War.
- Smalltalk, Objects and Design.
- Faeriewalker - Remedial Magic.
- Via Architecture: PostConflict Infrastructure and its Discursive Curve!
- The Rwandan Genocide: Twenty Years On.
Sign in via your Institution Sign in. Purchase Subscription prices and ordering Short-term Access To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve. View Metrics.
Read Book Remaking Rwanda: State Building and Human Rights after Mass Violence (Critical Human
Email alerts New issue alert. Advance article alerts. Article activity alert. Receive exclusive offers and updates from Oxford Academic. Related articles in Google Scholar. Citing articles via Google Scholar. Secessionism in African politics: aspiration, grievance, performance, disenchantment. Governing extractive industries: Politics, histories, ideas.
From peace campaigns to peaceocracy: Elections, order and authority in Africa. Parallel or dependent?